Hello. I'm Emily Tso, a current freshman in the School of Interactive Arts and Technology at Simon Fraser University. My central aim, as I will be adding more posts to this blog, is to open my eyes as well as the views and perceptions of my audience -- whether they are youthful or already insightful -- specifically to matters related to mental health.
I have selected mental health as my topic of interest because firstly, I find it to be broad and bipolar as it ranges from information about the complicated scientific information that no average person understands to the generalised, easy-to-learn-and-teach information that I genuinely believe embraces more than the what: diet, physical activity, healthy weight, psychoactive drugs, sexual health, chronic diseases, alone could ever describe. I find is deeply intersting how mental health may be both innate and influential; A person's mentality is, perhaps not entirely, but certainly the core of life's pleasures and pains. It affects how a person feels, and sees the world around them, how it either makes them feel alone, or connected with the rest of the universe - be it physically, emotionally, or spiritually. The brain may frustrate or alleviate a person's mind... it can do all sorts of things.
At a TED talk, Marvin Minsky shares that, "...[there are] about 400 different parts of the brain [but] nobody knows how most of them work in detail." I think it will be an interesting topic to share later on in my other posts.


No comments:
Post a Comment